Friday, January 11, 2008

Finally!

Okay, so I finally sit down to add some pictures to my blog and I can't find the cord that connects the computer and the camera, so... you're left with my boring words and hopefully I can locate the cord in the near future and post pictures before next Christmas! :)

Well, December was a success for our family. We headed to Idaho to spend a winter wonderland christmas. Yes, we had snow and lots of it. (If I have to endure the cold I want to live in it with style, that means snow!)

We spent the first week visiting with David's family at the farm. David got to go for a few snowmobile rides. Harley actually enjoyed riding this year. (Last year she was afraid of the noise.) This year we took her for a ride up behind Dave's house. She had fun as long as she was in David's arm and facing backwards. I think the cold air hurt her face. Anyway, I was glad that I didn't have to hold Harley in one hand, maneuver the machine with the other, all while figuring out where we were going. Can we say Super Dad?!

The second week was spent at Joy's house. This was an extra fun year because all of her family came home! This was also where we spent Christmas. Harley enjoyed getting the gifts... we actually had to force her to open her gifts though. She was happy after opening the first gift and didn't want us bugging her to open more, crazy girl! If we had known this we would have gotten her only one gift. :) Oakley didn't care too much about the gifts, he's at the age where the wrapping paper is so much more exciting. Lucky for us, we only bought him one gift. :)

We also celebrated Harley's 2nd birthday. Can you believe she's that old? We just had all the family over for cake and presents, nothing too big. She again loved the first gift and was bugged that we were making her stick around and open more gifts. She loved her gifts, what a spoiled little girl! :)

All in all, we loved our Christmas break but we definately enjoy being back in Indy.

Stay in touch for pictures to come...

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I am glad you had a nice Christmas and new year! Happy belated birthday to little Harley - it seems like just yesterday she was born!