Friday, November 2, 2007

October Catch-up Cont.

Okay, as I think I mentioned before (and if not) October was a busy month! You'll have to bear with me while I try to get somewhat caught up.


The wedding and Disneyland was a great way to start the month off. Next, Harley's hair. I have been waiting for the day that I could actually style the short strands of hair on top of that girls head. The day finally arrived and I must say that I was very proud of our accomplishments. She sat soooo still and actually let me put the braids in without complaining. The braids without complaining was a one time deal. I wanted to braid her hair for church the next day and let me tell you, if someone had heard or seen us I'm sure David and I would be sharing a cell right now...David held her head as still as he could while she kicked, twisted, flipped and more all over the place while screaming at the top of her lungs. I just followed the head as best as I could and braided as quick as I could. The braids actually turned out pretty cute. Now, when Harley sees me coming with a comb, she grabs her head and says 'no, no'! Poor thing, I think she's been traumatized.




COSTUMES: I really wanted Harley's and Oakley's costumes for Halloween to correlate in some way. David wasn't as excited about the idea but I decided it would be fun while they let me pick out their costumes. We waited until all the costumes went on sale so we didn't have a big selection. In the end, we settled on Piglet and Roo.


Dont' they look so cute?! Harley's first appearance was at the tri-ward trunk-or-treat. This was the first time we could actually get her to try her costume on. We tricked her and told her it was her jammies! We're so sneaky! Harley did okay at the trunk-or-treat. We tried to teach her to say trick or treat. She got the treat saying down pretty well. David took her around while I passed out candy at our trunk with Oakley.


Somewhere near the beginning Harley got a hold of a sucker and stuck it in her mouth, wrapper and all. David figured it was okay, less messy. Everyone asked him if he knew that his daughter was sucking on a sucker with the wrapper still on. He assured them he was aware of the situation. When Harley finally made it to our trunk, we were the 2nd to last car, she still had the sucker in her mouth. I had her take it out and to our surprise, all that was left was a stick and the wrapper. Yes, she had sucked the sucker right off and through the wrapper.


Okay, on to the Pumpkin Patch.




They had everything from tractors and wierd trikes to corn mazes and a pumpkin eating dinosaur. Harley spotted the CAT tractors and didn't want to go see anything else. Dad got to push her all around in the cool sand box.


Harley was not excited about the pumpkin eating dinosaur. She was actually terrified of the sound and would start whimpering whenever he started eating the pumpkins. David took her over for a closer look and she latched on pretty quick to his neck. After a little convincing she decided he wasn't too bad and actually turned around to get a good look. I didn't get a good picture of the dinosaur so we'll skip that. Before we left we went for a hayride out to the pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin. Harley enjoyed the ride and getting to pick out a pumpkin.




Lastly, Halloween and the real trick-or-treating. I meant to take the camera out so I could get some live shots of Harley's first real experience trick-or-treating. She still hadn't gotten down the words 'trick-or-treat' but by the end of her night she knew that each driveway lead up to the front door and it was there that she would get more treats. She was only out for about 1/2 hour but that's all the time she needed. David said she insisted on walking up each driveway. Oakley and I tagged along for a little bit and then headed back to the house to pass out the treats. The weather was so pleasant which made the night so much more fun. Everyone sat outside to pass out their treats.



Now that Halloween is over, Harley has been suprisingly good about her candy. By that, she hasn't asked for a piece of candy since Halloween night. Even that night, she only ate one sucker. I did get in trouble when I tried to put her bucket away though. She literally came running after me yelling and screaming because I was taking away her bucket. She kept saying 'mine!' All she wanted to do was carrying that silly bucket of candy around. I told David she had way more candy than she would ever need. David reminded me that Halloween wasn't for the kids, it was for their parents and not to worry, he'd take care of the excess. So this is why he wants 7 kids! :)

2 comments:

The Christensen's said...

I like the matching Halloween costumes - you're kids are getting so big, and they are so dang cute!!

Jenny said...

Your kids look cute in their costumes! I am glad that you had a fun Halloween!