Thursday, November 1, 2007

October Catch-up!!!

Okay, I'm embarrased to say that I haven't posted for over a month...though I'm sure I warned most people that I'm the worst at keeping up on anything. Anywho, I promised myself I wouldn't go to bed until I at the least, started an October post, so here goes...



October has been a busy month for us. First off, we had one of David's brothers get married. This took place the first weekend of October, we were off to California. Who travels to California and doesn't visit Disneyland?! Yep, we got to spend a day with the Gallup clan at Disneyland. Well, we actually didn't spend much time there, what a bummer! Long story short: Oakley had croop starting Tuesday night and Harley came down with it the morning we left for California (Thursday morning). We had already paid for our tickets into Disneyland, a small fortune and we weren't about to let our money go to waste. First off, we were 3 hours behind Indiana time and Harley didn't get to bed until about 2:00 AM Indiana time the night before the big day. Everyone wanted to be up and gone by 6 AM to beat the traffic rush. Halfway there we looked back and poor Harley was covered in puke. We didn't have a spare change of clothing so I stripped her shirt off her and cleaned her and the carseat as best as I could. For those of you who don't know the dress code for Disneyland: No shoes, No shirt, NO Disneyland. Harley lucked out and we bought her a shirt from one of the Disney stores. Her shirt cost us $22, a little girls shirt! I'm not sure how thrilled she was to be there. Most of the time she spend crying and wanting to be held. I think David and I made it on one ride and Harley went on a couple rides.



As you can see, Harley was thrilled to be on the Carousel. Actually, I think she pinched finger while getting on.

Harley actually enjoyed the flying Dumbo ride.

Well, we left early because Harley was so miserable, as were the rest of us after having to listen to her. Poor thing. We left about 2:00 and the rest of the gang got home after midnight. What a long day for them!


The wedding was beautiful. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of the bride and groom to share. Oh well, we got some cute pictures of Harley. :)



This was taken two seconds after she had just gotten over yet another meltdown. She really is a happy girl most of the time!


The kids were awesome on the plane ride, especially going home. I think they were exhausted after our eventful weekend! All in all, we enjoyed our time with family.

1 comments:

Lindy said...

Welcome back to blogging! I didn't know you went to Disneyland when you were in Cali. Sorry it wasn't as fun as you'd hoped...but at least you got to see family.