Sorry it's taken so long for me to post anything new (Misti). I'm a huge slacker, what can I say. I get on more than enough times in a day to add something but I always find myself browsing everybody else's blogs and then I don't have any extra time left, so if you'd all stop updating your blogs, mine might actually have a chance! :)
Well, we just got over a hectic, but fun Spring break. David headed to Mexico for what has become an annual trip for him (annual meaning he went last year, this year and I'm sure is planning for next year). He spent the first 5 days of his 7 day trip being sick. I felt bad for him because we all know how not fun it is being sick, especially in a foreign country away from your comforting bed. Okay, don't have too big of a pity party for him, he got better just in time to visit some pyramids and then stay in the nicest hotel in Mexico City, the Marriott, poor guy, huh?!
All this while, I spent a week full of house guests. We welcomed the company. David's mother came to stay for the week as well as two of his "homeless" cousins. (There parents were in Wisconsin house hunting) My kids LOVED the extra attention and I enjoyed the help. I'll have to post some pictures as soon as I get them downloaded.
The weather wasn't half bad for the week. We actually enjoyed some warmer weather. My kids take a bee line for the door everytime they hear it open. They loved exploring the great outdoors! :)
Here's a quick funny, picture this: Harley in a diaper, a green t-shirt and her favorite black church shoes... running in the rain. (I really wish I had gotten a picture) Yes, she insisted on going outside today and wouldn't let me put any pants on her. She doesn't care whether she's dressed or not, all she wants is to be free to do what she wants, outside!
Anywho, while my husband was away, I took the opportunity to get the kids in for some more pictures. I thought Harley might be old enough to listen and maybe smile at the same time. I learned my lesson! Harley, Oakley, a photographer and smiling absolutely DON'T go together. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating (only slightly!) We did get a couple cute pictures that I just had to share. Near the end of the shoot Oakley was either crying or trying to eat the display eggs, we called it quits soon after! Here's a few of the better ones...


They had to place Oakley in the box because he was trying to crawl to me the entire time! Harley thought it was just like the laundry basket at home and quickly got into the play mode. This worked for few shots, then Oakley decided he was done riding. 
This is my favorite picture of Harley
Definatley not my favorite picture of Oakley but at least he doesn't have a snotty face and he's not crying...sure hope the egg tasted good!
Well, I know this was a HUGE post, thanks for sticking with me to the end. I'll try, key word is 'try' to be better this month.
Until next time...
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Updates...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Finally!!! You can't even know how much I appreciated the update! What a beautiful family! Keep it up! Mist
Joy...your kids are adorable. I love the new pictures. I like your new background too! Hey...the sun is shining today, you better make sure to get some pants on Harley before she heads for the great outdoors! :)
I love the pictures of your kids and your new blog background. Too cute!! I'm glad you had some pictures turn out and just remember the ones of them crying just help you remember this age!! It gives your pictures character.
Post a Comment