Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2008 RECAP

Okay, I'm the worst blogger, I know. Here's a quick recap of the last few of months in 2008. Don't feel like you have to read the novel that goes along with the millions of pictures, it's for those who have nothing better to do than read my boring narrations. Pictures always tell the story better and in a much faster fashion.


1) Halloween: Harley wanted to be a princess like half the little girls on this planet, I still think she looked darling. Oakley was our cowboy and dang, he can be my handsome cowboy who sweeps me off my feet anyday!


We had a few friends over for hoagies and then David took the kids out trick-or-treating. Oakley loved the experience, Harley gave up about half way down the block and whined and complained until Dad brought her home. She doesn't understand the whole Free Candy thing yet, she just wasn't interested!

Aren't these some of the cutest kids?!
2) Played in the Fall Leaves: Our little tree in the front yard doesn't produce enough leaves for crunching time so I asked the neighbors across the street if we could come play in their yard. Tacky I know but we (okay, I) really wanted to crunch leaves! It took me two days to finally make it over with the kids and they actually came out and raked up half their yard and left the other half for us to come play in. What thoughtful neighbors we have. (We cleaned the rest of them up for them when we were done playing!) I think the kids had fun, if all else I had fun taking pictures.







One more pose with their buddy Ellie after all the fun!


3) Thanksgiving: We had a couple of friends over and had our traditional fried turkey feast! As usual, David did a great job cooking. Thanks to our friends who helped make the day a great one. I don't even have any pictures to show for this eventful day, sorry.


4) Harley's Birthday: I can't believe my baby is THREE! (By that I mean she acts like she's 16 half the time.) Once again, we were lucky enough to be in Idaho for her birthday celebration and got to have the whole family over for a party. Harley loved the company and attention from all. She definitely got spoiled with all her wonderful gifts.


Cake & Presents with the cousins



Harley with her Bitty Baby


A big THANKS to all those who made this day a special one for her!

5) Christmas at the Cabin: This year we spent Christmas with the Gallup's. We rented an "old barn turned into a cabin" in Ashton and enjoyed five relaxing days hanging out. This cabin stood 3 stories high. The top level had the master bedroom and a loft with about 10 sets of bunkbeds. This is where all the non-adults slept. The second level contained 5 bedrooms, a theater room, pool table and ping pong table. The kitchen, great room and best bedroom were on the first floor. (Everyone thought this would be the worst room to have, little did we know this room was the furthest from all the bustle of excited kids each morning!) The kids enjoyed running up and down the spiral staircase and of course, playing in the snow!

David took the kids out on snowmobiles a couple of times. Oakley and Harley would both fall asleep minutes after getting on but would pitch massive fits when David would try to take them off. They're true Gallup's and LOVE snowmobiling! Stupid me, didn't take any still pictures with the camera, all the snowmobiling action is on the video camera, sorry.

Oakley found a few new passions. He loved playing ON the ping pong table and pool table. He found that if he begged the Uncles, they'd give in and let him play on the tables.

This cabin did come with a hot tub but because the weather was soooo cold, we wouldn't let the kids get in. We made do with what we had and let them swim in G'pa and G'ma's garden tub! They had a blast! (It did take Oakley a little getting used to, he was pretty upset at first when we made him put his swim trunks on to get in the tubby!)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cousins posing in their matching Christmas Eve jammies!

Checking out their stockings that Santa left. Harley asked for one thing and one thing only from Santa, a purple ball. Yes, he did pull through and left her a purple ball. Again, I'm embarrassed that I don't have more pictures, the rest of our Christmas is on the video camera.
6) Lastly, for those who don't already 'know', (we finally let our families know over Christmas), we're adding to our HAPPY family. So it's now official, baby #3 (it's a boy) is due to arrive sometime in April!
I apologize for the spacing issues in this post. It's definitely one of my pet peeves and I tried FOREVER to fix it and it's just not going to happen!

10 comments:

Misti said...

Yeah! I am so happy to see these pictures!!! Marsh loved getting to see you guys. I hope I can come next time!

Lindy said...

It was fun to read about the last 1/4 of your year, and to see all the pics. What a fun Christmas!

Keep up the posts!!

valumama said...

it is great to see pictures again. Sounds like your holidays were great... CONGRATULATIONS on #3. how are you feeling?

Jenny said...

So glad to hear that you are alive and well. You have been busy. I cannot believe how grown up your kids are! They are darling.

Congrats on baby #3! Another boy, that is great!

Derrick and Rachel said...

It's good to see an update. Your little ones are growing so big...they are both such beautiful kids! Congrats on #3, you are amazing...I can't even imagine 3 right now...2 is hard enough!! Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy!

Prudent Family said...

Lets just see if you can try and stay caught up now!! I know how it is though with little ones, being pregnant, and so forth. There is a lot to keep you busy and I know it is hard to find time to sit at the computer when you have kids stealing for your attention. Cute post and looking forward to more! I loved spending time with you while you were here. It was fun times!

JLB Family said...

Wow, I was surprised to see a new post! What fun. Harley looks so pretty on her bday.

Ashley and Cody said...

I have to say I was SHOCKED when I got your email you had updated your blog ha ha. Your pictures are so cute, and it makes me sad we have missed seeing your little ones grow up. Harley is beautiful and Oakley is so handsome. You guys have the cutest kids. I was looking at your blog and Lexi goes "hey, there is Harley." She was pretty excited. I can't believe our little girls are 3!! Time goes by so fast. We can't wait to see your new little guy.
We love you and miss you!!

Julia said...

hey it's julia (karen's from research daughter) hope you remember me...i found your blog off of andrea's and couldnt resist. how the heck are ya? your family is so stinking cute i can't stand it. your adorable as usual too. feel free to check out our blog...you said it, pic's tell the story best

Julia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.