I know, I know, don't fall off your seats just because I've posted 3 times in the last few weeks. I'm sure it won't last so enjoy while you can! :)
I've been telling myself over and over that I need to involve Harley more with my daily list of things to do. So, on Monday we made breadsticks. Yes, I let Harley do everything from measuring ingredients to rolling out the dough to brushing the butter on. She Loved the freedom on cooking and now asks me to help whenever it's dinner time. Now I can't tell her no.
I've been telling myself over and over that I need to involve Harley more with my daily list of things to do. So, on Monday we made breadsticks. Yes, I let Harley do everything from measuring ingredients to rolling out the dough to brushing the butter on. She Loved the freedom on cooking and now asks me to help whenever it's dinner time. Now I can't tell her no.
Adding the Yeast
Measuring the flour
Kneading the dough
Rolling out the dough
Brushing with butter
The finished product (I know they don't look that appetizing but they did taste good!)
Now on to another distractor for my busy body Harley... I got this idea from a friend (thanks Jill). She let her daughter paint and sculpt with shaving cream. Now I know better than to let Harley & Oakley tackle this one at the table and not end up with a HUGE mess, so we went to the next best place, the bathtub! I dyed the shaving cream different colors, handed them each a paint brush and told them to go at it. They were in the tub for an hour painting. I sat on a stool and enjoyed some good reading time. It was a win win situation! Just be warned, the water looks awful when they're done so you'll have to give them a 'second' bath when they're all done. A small price to pay for the hour of fun they'll have!












7 comments:
Looks like fun, we will have to try it sometime. KNowing my kids though it would end up all over the bathroom and not just in the tub, but the bathroom is small and easy to clean, right?
So fun. Samantha always wants be right with me in the kitchen.
I need to try out the bath paints, it looks like a blast!
That is too cute! Way to start her out young with the baking. I might have to try the shaving cream thing too. My kiddos love to bathe so that might add to the enjoyment. Way to be on posting more often!! Miss ya!
I'm SO impressed with her rolling out skills:)
our "helping" make dinner is just sampling everything.
the shaving cream is such a fun idea! we will give that one a try when Deena won't try to eat it all for sure.
Joy I LOVE the shaving cream idea! You have such cute kids. Give one of them to me if you want!
Wow Joy I have to say I'm very impressed. I've wanted to try that shaving cream with Ellie but didn't want the mess. The bathtub sounds like a good idea- easy clean up!
I'm so glad you tried it! It is a mess, but totally worth it! I'm quite impressed with Harley's skills. She could probably teach me a thing or two!
Post a Comment