Once again, our spring break was spent without a father and husband (Note: This was the 3rd and final spring break for our family, no more week vacation handed to us!) Anywho, lucky for us we had a good friend & her daughter come keep us company while her husband was gone on the same trip. We packed a lot of activities in to the week. We spent an afternoon down by the canal walk, took a trip to Hummel Park for a picnic and playtime, enjoyed the great outdoors of 60+ degree weather, packed a few boxes and finished some lingering craft projects!
We took these pictures so Dad wouldn't forget the kids while he was gone. Harley's signing 'I Love You' for dad and Oakley is reminding dad that he has a voice and loves to scream! :)
I loved this picture of the kids behind bars...
It took some adjusting not having dad around for our evening routine. Oakley loves his dad and enjoys the usual ritual they go through each night, prayers, brushing teeth and then relaxing on his shoulder until it's time to be laid down. I can follow this routine to a T and Oakley still won't lay down for me. Yes, this did pose a major problem the first few nights of dad's disappearance. Oakley and I were up until atleast 2 AM the first two nights and then awake by 8. He was afraid to let Harley or me out of his sight the rest of the time. I couldn't even go to the bathroom in peace. I finally put an air mattress up in the bedroom and spent the next two nights on that. I think we ran the poor kid ragged because by day 5 he was sleeping peacefully through the entire night, yeah! I'm sure it made dad feel great to know that his son missed him that much, that no one slept great while he was gone.
My kids loved having Jami and Ellie around, thanks again for the company! I love watching Oakley and Ellie interact. They almost act as though they're brother and sister at times...
Oakley thought he should fight over Everything with Ellie just like he does with his big sister!
With that said, they do have their moments which again makes it all worth it!
All in all, I think we had a very successful Spring Break but were definitely glad to have dad home! Hopefully I'll have pictures to post from his trip at a later date.








4 comments:
Cute post and sorry you didn't get much rest for Spring Break. Where did David go? I love that you are still keeping up with your blog. I love to see pics!
It really was a fun week! I hope you really mean that about enjoying our company!!!
So fun! Your kids are adorable! What are your plans for the future?
bittersweet isn't it? I loved spring breaks about being a student, now you have to schedule the time off (although it sounds like at least you will have a daddy for the week off:)
cute pics!
and way to go on still keeping up on the blog, thanks, we love the updates!
Post a Comment