Happy 4th of July, a little late but better than never! :)
July 4th: We hit the Idaho Falls parade. The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves, even if they didn't get a lot of candy. (We sat by candy hogs.) Harley's favorite part: the horses. She kept saying over and over, "Oh mom, they're beautiful. Oh thank you so much for bringing me, the horses are so beautiful. This is so wonderful. I just love the horses, they're so beautiful." She was so cute, if I had the money I'd buy her a horse. Just kidding! Oakley loved the big vehicles, trucks, fire engines and helicopter.

Harley LOVED the fireworks, Oakley on the other hand cried and shook whenever he thought a firework was going off
July was packed full of fun summer activities:
Licking Cremesicles
Running through the sprinklers :)

Boating - Harley really did enjoy it
Quick note: David is STILL in the process of getting his tests taken. He flew to Philadelphia for the proths portion of the test and will take the written portion the first and second of September. Yes, that was the soonest he could take that because of "maintenance". They don't care what you're living on while you're waiting! Yes, I'm still bitter. So goes the story, David is still in Wyoming, studying and getting to know the practice while the kids and I are still living out of suitcases in Idaho with family. (And still grateful that they will put us up and up with us!
With that said, we enjoyed a weekend visiting Dad, playing in his pool and giving him a break from studying!
Harley practiced floating and Oakley showed off his bravery

I just loved this picture
Where is Maverick you ask? We let him sleep during our pool time, that was sooo nice of us!

We went and explored Casper. We found a mountain side 5 minutes away full of biking and hiking trails, campgrounds and a beautiful waterfall.
Harley's little attitude: She was upset and wouldn't smile because her flip flop got wet.
July 24-25th: Gallup Family Reunion. The kids enjoyed running free and hanging out with cousins. They got to go on their first hayride and swim in the red-neck swimming pool. For those of you who have no idea what this is, it's a pool made with hay bales, plastic, duct tape and some imagination! The kids LOVED it!

I promise Maverick got to experience all the fun along with us. I felt like he was being over-looked in pictures so I had to include a few pictures of the happy little guy!
Yes, his tear duct is still clogged so he wakes up often with his eye glued shut.
Even then he is still so adorable!
Maverick is growing like a weed!
Age: 4 months
Weight: 15 lbs
Height: 25 inches
...and the doctors say he's average!!!



2 comments:
Cute post!! I love the picture of David throwing Oakley too. Way cute. He really caught some major air!! :) Looks like you have been having fun! We need to hang out again. Brody talks about you guys a lot. He says, "Lets go see your friend who has the playhouse in the backyard!" It is cute.
Adorable...and I can't believe how big Maverick is!
Post a Comment