Wow, so much has happened over the last few weeks. It's seems like forever that we got the news that our little Oakley has a rare childhood cancer called Rhabdomyosarcoma. He started chemo treatments 3 weeks ago and seems to be tolerating them so far. We're keeping our fingers crossed that he does this well through the entire year long regimen. He seems upbeat most days...considering what he's been through. I can't even imagine having to go through what he has been through already and being as young and in the dark as he is. What a trooper.
Harley and Maverick have been great through all of this as well. We're not sure how much they understand but they know that they miss Oakley and can't wait until he can come home.
We feel pretty blessed to have such a great family and extended family. We're also very thankful for all the thoughts and prayers on behalf of Oakley and our family. We couldn't have made it this far without them.
Please feel free to follow Oakley's progress at dogallup.blogspot.com!
By the way, we're excited to announce that baby Gallup #4 is a BOY and will hopefully be appearing sometime mid November!



9 comments:
Joy~ Glad to hear that things so far are going well. We keep you and your sweet family in our prayers.
Congrats on baby boy #4...what is secret to getting those cute little boys??
Oh! Joy and David...I was in tears reading about little Oakley and all his updates. It just breaks my heart! We'll keep him and your family in our prayers!!!
And congrats on baby boy #4!!! That is awesome!
Glad to hear things are going well so far! I'm sure it's not easy for the two of you to see him go through this!
Congrats on boy #3! Our daughter is the oldest with 3 little brothers! We're having #5 in January so we're really hoping it's another girl!
We hope to continue to hear good news about Oakley!
We are so glad to hear things are looking up with Oakley. He is such a special little guy. CONGRATULATIONS on baby #4!! You have been blessed with some special kids and they are lucky to have you and Dave.
Joy, my heart goes out to you and your sweet family. We will pray for a little miracle. I'm glad to know he is still able to be happy through the chemo. Your faith and strength are amazing. (I was forwarded the email you sent to Jill S.) We love you and your family. Let us know if we can do anything for you. Hang in there Joy.
Wow-- that is I don't know a good word-- We will keep him in our prayers-- and I'm sure things will be just fine! I can't imagine watching my baby go through something like that!
So sorry to hear your little boy has cancer. I am glad you were able to get a correct diagnosis and he is getting treatment. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Jennifer
It sounds like you guys have a lot going on! We're thinking of you as you work with Oakley, and are so excited for another beautiful Gallup baby. You really do have adorable kids!!
Oh Joy- so sorry to hear your news about Oakley. We are praying for a miracle for you, too! Congrats on another baby boy - you seriously have the cutest kids ever.
Post a Comment