Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hogle Zoo & Primary Children's Hospital

Okay, I'm playing catch-up as usual. I don't want the rest of my family to feel left out! These next few posts will cover the last few months...


While we were in Utah, we were able to take Harley & Maverick to Hogle Zoo. It was fun taking time away from the hospital to do something with the kids. They enjoyed being out and about though it was a really HOT day! I wish I had gotten more pictures or at least better pictures to show for our adventure.


We rode the train.


Harley bonded with the monkey :)



And of course, we couldn't leave without riding the carousel!

We spent a lot of time at Primary Children's Hospital in July. The kids all did so well. I bet they could ride the trip from Casper to Salt Lake with their eyes closed...David only wishes. I don't know how many trips they made back and forth but we're grateful they did! I think it helped Oakley feel more at home as well.


Harley always tried to get smiles out of Oakley when she was there, even when he wasn't very cooperative! She loved tickling him.


Maverick as you know is a very busy little boy. He loved taking Oakley for rides in the wagon.


Just a random picture. Oakley got a HUGE stuffed horse from his case worker at the hospital. It brightened Oakley's day and Maverick's even more. All the kids love snuggling with the horse.

1 comments:

Pini said...

Great pictures Joy. What a beautiful family!
We want you to know that we think about your family often. We (including our 4 yr old, Evan) pray for Oakley all the time. Hope this finds you feeling well. Take care.