Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sharks!!!

We took a quick trip to the zoo yesterday morning. (Quick meaning we only had time for the dolphin show, sealions and the fish/shark exhibit) It was still a lot of fun for the kids. Harley loves the new shark exhibit. You actually get to pet the sharks! Harley's still working up the courage to actually touch the fish. Right now she enjoys holding her hand in the water until they swim close enough for her to touch them. The sharks were being funny at the zoo, one of them kept swimming around with his head out of the water. I had bent down to find my camera and when I glanced up he was right there at the edge with Harley's face hanging over the edge! My first instinct was that it was going to bite her head off, really it's 10 times smaller than she is AND we had just heard the zoo keeper give her lecture on these sharks and how they don't bite! It was pretty funny, Harley didn't think so but it really was! Here's a few pictures of the awesome sharks!





And here's Harley working on her bravery skills! :)

2 comments:

Elaine said...

That's where we went today! I'd never seen the shark exhibit--it was so cool. I saw that same shark and thought it was so funny how it kept swimming around with its head up out of the water! It was as if he really was loving the attention the humans were giving him and he kept coming right up to us! I took a bunch of pictures of it and will post this weekend.

Stefani said...

Trips to the zoo are the best. It's always nice to get away for the day. It looks like you all had a great time. Trace loves the sharks too.