Okay, I've been more than a slacker. We've done quite a bit the past month but to save you from the million pictures and the boring words I'll skip all of it and head straight to Oakley's Birthday.
David tried feeding it to him off of a fork and he proceeded to bat that away so needless to say, we gave up on the cake and moved on to presents.
He cried when we told him to open his presents so we let Harley tear into those and we took Oakley to bed. That was the first time we saw a big smile on his face and we didn't hear from him the rest of the night!
Thanks to all those who helped us celebrate!
Since he's hit one of those milestone in his life I thought I'd share with you some of what he's doing now. Oakley's favorite word these days is 'uh oh'! He can also say ball, fish, dada and mama, and no. He's a bottomless pit, by this I mean he can out eat his sister and more. His favorite food right now would have to be goldfish. I'm embarrassed to say that he has them at almost every meal and then for snacks in between. I promise I do feed him other food but usually that's what he prefers. Oakley loves, loves the water! He gets so excited when I fill the tub for bathtime. He can't wait to get in and splash! He also loves the pool out back. We have to make sure the lid is on otherwise we always find him in it, clothes and all! He has a little tattle tale sister who ALWAYS lets us know he's climbed in because we hear her famous shout "no, no bubba!" He has just learned to crawl down the stairs backwards and he's close to walking. He insists on having someone hold both hands to walk. He'll walk behind a walker great and he loves free standing in the middle of the room but he refuses to take any steps. We'll see how much longer he can hold off. Oakley is all boy right now, he loves his trucks, tractors, balls and on occassion, his sisters baby! :) We're so lucky to have such a sweet little boy in our family!
Sorry, I tried adding a few more pictures and for some reason it wouldn't let me. Sorry for the long entry and few pictures!



2 comments:
Isn't it crazy how time just flies by, without you even realizing it? Your family looks well, and your kids are just so cute! I love your famly pics on the side, very nicely done. Have a good one, and I'll be better at keeping up on comments!
I wish we would've been there to celebrate with you. Your kids are absolutely adorable and I love your new family picture. I miss hanging out with you SO much and Lexi has definitely not forgotten about you.
Post a Comment