Okay Misti, this post is really for you! :) For anybody else who wants to be bored along with Misti, you're welcome to read or skim over pictures of our summer...
Let's see, where do I begin?!
We really enjoyed our summer and all the warm days that accompanied the months. I had a hard time keeping the kids out of the pool, as you can see, they couldn't even wait for me to take off their daily clothes to think about putting on swim suits. We did make the trek to the YMCA's pool several times this summer and the kids were pretty brave by the end of the summer. Harley would take her floater ring or wings and swim off by herself. Oakley, he's all boy and not afraid of the water. He loved, loved the water and wasn't afraid of getting too wet. He insisted on following the bigger kids into the deeper water (2 ft) and didn't care that his weight couldn't keep him grounded.
Oakley discovered a few favorites: watermelon & corn. He got excited everytime he saw watermelon, if it was cut up he was yelling to eat it and if he saw it whole, he was yelling because he wanted to play with the "ball". As for the corn, he enjoyed it raw or cooked. I had to shuck the corn in secret otherwise he was there gnawing on the raw corn cob. He seemed to enjoy it either way.
I just had to throw this one in. This was after a hard day of playing!
We did get to take a trip to Madison, WI where David's Aunt and Uncle moved this past winter. We enjoyed the visit with family and seeing their FREE zoo.
Harley loved the monkey exhibit while we enjoyed seeing the bears up close!
We also attended Madison's County Fair. Harley found a new pet that she fell in love with, we'll have to think about this one.
Okay, just a few more pictures for tonight. My baby has grown up. Yes, I knew this was always a possibility but I hoped it would never happen. Harley started Fun School with two of her friends. The moms rotate teaching twice a week in our home; this gives the kids some structured learning time and the moms a little break. Harley loves going to school like dad and of course, taking her pack-pack with her.
As for Oakley, he's also growing up faster than I was ready for. He's got so much spunk and personality already and have I mentioned that he's ALL boy. He loves balls and trucks and of course, getting into mischief. Here is one of his recent favorite places to hide.
He does have his tender side. His little face crinkles up when we get after him and he does love to cradle Harley's babies, much to his sisters disliking.
And... dun, dun, dun, They are finally playing together like friends. I have waited for this moment for what seems like forever. I cursed the fact that they were maybe too close in age, then the fact that one was a girl and the other a boy, then the simple fact that they were siblings but yes, they can get along and play pleasantly... some of the time.
I treasure pictures like these when I know that my kids actually enjoy each others company and don't want to kill each other! This is one passion that both of these two share. They love playing on the piano and I can't wait to put them in lessons! :)
Okay, I won't bore you any longer. Actually I'm too tired to continue with playing catch up but I do have a few more fun pictures of our summer to share so check back soon!



4 comments:
Yeah!!! I am so happy you posted, I almost didn't believe my eyes when I saw a new post, I'm used to just seeing the "Happy Fathers Day" post! Your kids are so cute. They remind me of Saddie and Easton, they also have a love/hate relationship!
Woo hoo, you're back!! The kids are getting so big! They are absolutely adorable.
yay I'm happy to hear from you. I was starting to worry that you had given up on the blogging world for a while, glad that is not the case, i love hearing how you are doing.
Yeah!! I am so excited you FINALLY posted something. Your kids have grown up so much and they are so beautiful. Harley is gorgeous and little Oakley is so handsome. You have some good looking kids!! Sounds like you guys had a fun summer. We still miss you all the time.
Post a Comment