Okay, it took me a little longer than a day to finish playing catch up... (I'm realizing why I don't update that often, it takes FOREVER for my pictures to upload!)
The last post skipped quite a few events throughout our summer so I'll add a few more stops that came in between.
David's brother and his wife made it out for the Indy 500 this summer. We loved having them here and the kids enjoyed getting to know some family. We sat in the Maddox area, right where the cars hit their engines and take off. The sound of a roaring engine was music to my ears! I enjoyed the race so much that I told David I was going to make it an annual thing! He said "we'll see..." What a party pooper!
Our favorite: Jimmy Johnson!
(He wasn't our favorite because he won, he was Justin's favorite so he became our favorite, it was just luck that he won!)
We took our annual trip (2nd time) to Santa Claus, Indiana and of course did the Holiday World thing. As usual, I took the camera on the trip but left it in the tent so the only pictures I have have been stolen off of other blogs.
Ellie
Oakley
The kids of course, loved the little kiddie rides. Oakley threw a fit everytime we made him get off one of them. We loved the waterpark. Harley went down one water slide with dad and that was enough. (I don't think she knew what was in store for her when she got to the top of the slide.) She enjoyed the wave pools and splash park as did Oakley. The weather was perfect for camping! The camp ground had it's own swimming pool so we spent the second day there at the pool. Oakley was in heaven at the kiddie pool here because he could stand up on his own. We lent him Harley's wings and he thought he was invincible. When he'd lose his footing, his arms would catch him and he'd bounce right back onto his feet.
Thanks to our friends who made the trip enjoyable... (I know, it's a little late)
The last event was our trip to the upsetting Colts game. David has a patient with a season pass and we were lucky enough to get in on a game because he was going to be out of town. We sat in the second set of bleachers up from the field on the 40 yard line. What an awesome place to watch the game. Our last colts game was 2nd from the last row of seats in the upper, upper, upper balcony! I enjoyed the game then but this was a whole new experience. The night would have ended great if the Colts had pulled off a win. They lost in the last 2 minutes. Even with the loss I told David that we had to move somewhere that had a professional football team so we could become season pass holders. Again his reply "we'll see...". He thinks I just want to become inactive but I promise that's not it! :)
Okay, can't find the camera with those pictures. You'll just have to take my word when I say we had awesome seats! Until next time...



2 comments:
Another post, this is a record!!! Keep it up!
Joy-
I love your pictures! I haven't even got 1 page done for my 2nd child. You are doing great. We are headed to IDAHO for Christmas!!!! What are your holiday plans?
Post a Comment