Quick recap to get me caught up...
We enjoyed our summer visiting family. As sad as it was to say good-bye we were excited to be reunited as a family in our new "home" of Casper, WY. We are currently living in David's one bedroom apartment and it really isn't that bad. We're been reminded how lucky we've been the last few years.
We've enjoyed exploring Casper and all the great things it has to offer. We live about 5 minutes from CasPer MouNtaIn where there's a ski hill, cross country skiing trails, biking trails, hiking trails, snowmobiling areas, and camping to keep us busy.
We're still in our one bedroom apartment but really don't have any complaints. The people below us moved out the first few weeks we arrived and our neighbors moved out about a month ago... I'm hoping it's not because of us but whose complaining? My kids have a little more freedom because I'm not as worried about their noise level.
We are always looking for things to get us out of the house. We've visited many parks and museums. And mostly enjoyed the time spent together as a family!
We've already had two snowstorms but the snow has only lasted a few days both times. This was still plenty of time for my kids to Fall In Love with the snow! The minute they see snow, they're headed to get their snow gear on and want to make snow angels and go sledding. Lucky for us, there's a great hill right outside our apartment and the neighbor dad doesn't mind getting cold while dragging my kids up the hill so they can sled down it again, and again, and again!
David is enjoying the whole dentist thing. He's a hard worker and has kept busy which shows in his paychecks. And yes, we've enjoyed the income. The office manager keeps telling us how wonderful it is to have him in their office which makes getting up and going to work worth it. Also, might I add that we've loved having a husband and father to spend our evenings with.

We've already made a trek home to Idaho for David's brother's wedding. The drive only took 6 hours and that was with snow on both passes! This drive is definitely doable! We like the idea that home is closer than 24 hours.


Congrats, We love you both!
(Isn't she gorgeous?)
I've included some random happenings of the last few months.
My poor baby got the swine flu. Luckily it wasn't anything serious, just a lot of snuggling and down time for the little guy. Harley escaped with a minor fever and a little cough, Maverick got strepthroat along with the flu, I got the fever and chills and David got rundown. All in all, I'd say we came out on top!
Because of the sickness at our house, I almost let Halloween fly on by. David asked me if I was going to get costumes for the kids. So, the night before Halloween, I went on a costume hunt. Harley wanted to be a princess, easy. Oakley wanted to be 'piderman', impossible. Maverick, couldn't care less what he was, no problem. Harley was a princess... 

we convinced Oakley he wanted to be a pirate... 

and Maverick had no choice but to be a monkey (no other costume was his size). I didn't even get a picture of him. We took the kids to the trunk-or-treat party and skipped the door to door trick-or-treating. Happy Halloween!

We loved this picture. Maverick is such a happy kid. He's even happier when he has something in his mouth. I was getting Harley dressed after taking a bath and this is where her panties ended up...they're clean, I promise! It took some convincing for Maverick to give them up. We got a good laugh out of this one. Harley on the other hand was not please about putting on wet panties.

My kids want to be independent. This is how they looked after I asked them to go get ready. We didn't make it out of the apartment that day! :)



2 comments:
Sounds like you are having fun!! Happy for David that he is liking what he does. I am happy for you both. Miss ya like crazy...glad you aren't too far away. Hope to see you around the holidays!!! Oh and by the way I am doing good...my dad is doing so much better, thanks!! :)
It's good to hear about all your adventures!! We thought you'd never come back. (ha! ha! ha!) We hope to see you guys soon!!
Post a Comment